Ace is a user led independent advocacy organisation based in Suffolk. Ace support people to have a powerful & effective voice. Ace support people to be in control of their lives and in control of the support they get. Ace support people to speak up and make decisions in all areas of their life.
They do this through self-advocacy groups, one to one advocacy and peer education projects. Ace produce accessible information and easy-read resources.
Advocacy enables people to:
- Have information to make real choices and decisions
- Believe that you are important
- Be listened to
- Have the right to disagree
- Have the chance to try new things and take calculated risks
- Have the right to your own ideas and opinions
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities
- Have an advocate who is independent of services or family if you wish
- Have the confidence to say what you want.
More information can be found on our website. Go to our website for latest news and updates and how to be part of current projects and self-advocacy groups and meetings.