Our playgroup has been serving Woodbridge and surrounding villages for the past 40 years, with daily morning, afternoon or all day sessions in a safe, happy and secure environment. Children enjoy a wide range of activities, supervised by caring staff that also have a vast experience of children with additional needs. We have a secure private garden and offer Forest School sessions at no additional cost. We are working towards Hygge Accreditation, promoting a calm "home from home" environment to support children's wellbeing. We have strong links to St Mary's Church of England Primary School, which is located next door, and we have access to their large playing field. We have extended opening hours between 8am-6pm and accept 2 year old, 3/4 year old and 30 hour funding. We have a recent Ofsted rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' in some areas.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
St Mary's Playgroup
Who to contact
- Angela Davis
- Business Administrator
- IP12 4JJ
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
- Charity Commissioning Number
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- St Marys Playgroup are currently full for this academic year but do feel free to ask about going onto our waiting list for spaces from September 2021.
Days & times
Monday to Friday AM: 09:00 - 12:00
Monday to Friday PM: 12.00 - 15:00
Monday to Friday AM: 07:50 - 09:00
Monday to Friday PM: 15:00 - 18:00
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Yes we welcome children and families from all cultures, faiths and nationalities. We celebrate different festivals and have multicultural resources and activities.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Yes, we endeavour to cater for all special dietary needs and preferences.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Yes, staff have cared for children at the Playgroup who have had additional needs including, Behaviour, Autistic spectrum, hearing, physical conditions and Down syndrome. We have a special Educational needs co-ordinator.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £13.00 3 years plus - Per session £15.00 2 years - Per session £3.00 Extended hour £7.00 Breakfast Club £15.00 After School Session (per day) 50.00 2 years - per day 45.00 3 years plus - per day
- Funded hours can be used between the hours of 8am-6pm
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pets, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sleeping area, Slide, Take children on outings, Village walks
- School pickups
- St Mary's Church of England Primary School (Woodbridge)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We provide a free collection and drop off service to St Mary's CEVA Primary School for users of Breakfast and After School Club
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 4 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 04/05/2007 Integrated Good 10/10/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 18/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 12/10/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 19/06/2018 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Melissa Webster-James
- 01394 610220
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care