Little Teapots Pre-school
Little Teapots Pre School is a parent-managed committee with charitable status . We have achieved four OUTSTANDING Ofsted inspections. We work in a close liaison with qualified practitioners to create a warm, caring, stimulating learning environment.
We pride ourselves on our outstanding parent partnership and value their contribution for day to day running of the school. If you are happy, we are happy !
Each child has their own key worker to ensure the child is happy and secure in their learning thus promoting a smooth transition from home to pre school and from pre school to Primary School. A learning journey is kept using an on line FAMLY APP for all children which includes photos, observations , next step planning, trackers and reoports to enhance your childs learning through play, covering Prime Areas - (Personal Social and Emotional, Physical Development and Communication and Language) and Specific Areas - (Literacy, Mathematics, Expressive Arts and Design and Understanding the world). We incorporate these areas in our adult led and child inititated activities.
We have 7 qualified staff that regularly attend training to provide the best quality of teaching including a SENCO who works closely with parents and other agencies providing the best support for their child.
We are registered for 28 children per session. The pre school is Ofsted inspected (Outstanding )and registered to qualify for the early education funding which is available for 2,3 and 4 year olds, and 30 hours funded for qualifying families.
We have an open door policy welcoming all families to visit us at any time during the sessions.
Please come and see us !
Who to contact
- Jenny Snape
- Lead Practitioner
Bury St Edmunds
- IP29 4UL
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Erskine Centre Chevington Road
Bury St. Edmunds
- IP29 4UL
- View IP29 4UL on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Large Car Park. Including disabled parking.
- Located next to a public bus route.Bus route for Ickworth Park Primary School and Horringer Court Middle School
- Restrictions to access
- Ramps to and from building.
Adjoining a large open field and use of village hall to large indoor play.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Availability from September 2023
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08.45 - 16.45
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises and ramps into the garden area.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We will cater for individual needs when required.Allergies and all dietry requirements.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Some special needs covered in Diploma in Pre-school Practice.One member of staff is Trained as a SENCO,all our staff are competent to care for all children's needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 5.40 Lunch Club - Per day 16.20 2 years plus - Per session 16.20 2 years plus - Per session 5.40 Breakfast Club
- We charge a £10.00 per term per month additional charge
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swings, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Village walks
- School pickups
- Ickworth Park Primary School (Bury St Edmunds)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We provide a breakfast club and will walk children to the bus stop outstide of our building to catch the bus to local primary school and middle school.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 8 Year(s)
- Age Groups
We are joined to the local village hall offering us the use of a large indoor hall .
We have the use of a large open playing field and play area. A stables is located at the back of our building where we are invited to visit the horses in their stables .
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/10/2007 Integrated Good 30/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 04/03/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 17/12/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We are an inclusive setting, we ensure all children are given the opportunities and support they need.
We are an Every Child a Talker (ECAT) setting.
The SENCO's role is to :
- Ensure liason with parents, other professionals and other settings in respect of children with special educational needs.
- Advise and support other practitioners in the setting.
- Ensure that appropriate individual education plans are in place.
- Ensure that relevant background information about individual children with special educational needs is collected, recorded and updated.
Before a child starts at the pre school, all parents are offered the chance to visit with their child to experience for themselves a normal daily session. Parents are also offered a home visit from the Lead Pracitioner and key worker.
- Emily Gilbert
- 01284 852005
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
A home from home setting Rated 5 out of 5
Both my children attended Little Teapots, and thoroughly enjoyed the time they spent there. The staff provide a caring, nurturing environment, whilst giving the children all the stimulation they need. I saw my children grow in confidence during their time at Little Teapots and they were well prepared for school when the time came for them to leave. I would recommend Little Teapots to other parents without hesitation!
Review submitted on 11/11/2015
Wonderful setting for children Rated 5 out of 5
I am blessed that my daughter has attended Little Teapots. It is a wonderful setting with excellent staff. I couldn't wish for a better preschool for my children. Submitted: 18/07/2019
Review submitted on 18/07/2019