Kinda Education CIC Multigenerational, Nature Based Education
Kinda Education is an organisation for intergenerational, sociocratic , nature-based education.
We are Ofsted Registered.
Kinda Forest School is part of The Kinda Education CIC who work within woodlands and wild areas to promote and deliver learning support with equality, kindness and reconnection at its core.
Experienced Kinda staff gently support the child or young person (YP) to find their space in nature and community. By nurturing a sense of belonging through a culture of kindness and care, youngsters gain confidence to look beyond themselves, to the woods, for inspiration to learn. They gain momentum to self-initiate projects that interest them. Camp fire cooking, gardening, woodland conservation, woodwork, art and writing are a few examples, all of which have personal social, emotional, practical and educational benefits. ‘Elders’ -our retired skilled volunteers- help to form an important intergenerational structure. They bring with them a wisdom and calm that comes with age and are often found chatting or making around the fire circle. Adding choice and time for the children and YP to simply sit and chat or craft around the fire.
Sustainability Using permaculture principles, imitating a natural ecosystem, we work with the children and young people to build a productive and sustainable woodland inspired by the web of beneficial interactions that exist between plants and other animals. We will work with the seasons to observe and manage the woodland sustainably.
Connection Using traditional forest school child-led activities – typically building, whittling, crafting, story-telling, singing, foraging, discussing, climbing and cooking on the fire – we nurture confidence and emotional resilience. Supporting connection with nature, each other and ourselves.
This provider was Quality Assured in 2020 and is now an approved provider by Suffolk County Council's Quality Assurance and Provider Development Team - find out more here.
Who to contact
- The Kinda Team
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
2 Yarmouth road
- NR14 6SP
Please email us on Info@kindaeducation.org and we will forward your email to the correct person for your enquiry.
Where to go
- Kali woods
- IP19 8NQ
- View IP19 8NQ on a map
- Area served
- All Suffolk
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have limited parking available but ample space for drop offs and collections.
- Halesworth has a train station and regular busses. Kali woods is a short walk or cycle from the town centre and we can arrange pick ups from the station if agreed in advance.
- Restrictions to access
- Kali woods is off a residential track. Please come into the gated area to park or drop of your child or young person.
Kali Woods is a 5 acre coppiced woodland with a compost toilet (Clarissa), and a wooden cabin.
We have a small car park and drop off area.
It is important not to block the access road due to residential traffic and farm machinery using the track.
Days & Times
- Groups meet on different days of the week.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Our session length and time differs depending on the group. We currently meet on Monday
Wednesday and Thursday
- Cost Details
- Please contact us for costs and availability.
- Referral required?
- Referral and availability notes
Kinda Education is open to all. Please contact us for details of the process if you are a parent/carer or a referrer.
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Wheelchair Access
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
We are members of the Forest School Association.
Kinda Education is available for all.
Please contact us if your child or young person has additional needs so that we can develop an individual support plan to address meeting needs.
- Service users involved in planning
Each session is planned the week before by our groups. We listen to and observe our service users interests, we use this information during all planning. We work in a democratic way holding community central to our planning process. We ask for feedback and ideas and act upon them.
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Together staff have over 90 years of experience of working with children and adults with varying needs. Our team are constantly upskilling and continuing their professional development.
Amongst us we have the following- plus more- qualifications and training.
- BEd Primary Teacher
- BEd Secondary Teacher
- PTTLLS Education and Training
- Nationally Endorsed Forest School Tutor
- BA Art and Wellbeing
- Challenging Behaviour in the Outdoors level 3
- Forest school Practitioners Level2 and Level 3
- Understanding Behaviour that challenges level 2
- Understanding Autism Level 2
- Mental Health Issues Level 2
- Understanding anxiety
- Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Epilepsy training
- Understanding children and young peoples mental health level 2
- Covid 19 understanding anxiety
- Communication and Mental Health
The above goes with
- Food hygiene
- First Aid
- IOSH managing safely
- Safe handling
And many nature and bushcraft qualifications.
all our staff take part in in house training on the Kinda Education Pedagogy.
More like this
Sign in to write a review