We offer the very best care with a high staff/child ratio. Our spacious, well-equipped indoor and outdoor premises are in a beautiful country setting next to Helmingham Primary School with which we have strong links, including the use of facilities and the option of a cooked lunch. Awarded a judgement of 'outstanding in all areas' by Ofsted 2014
Old School House Nursery (Helmingham)
Who to contact
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- The Old School House Nursery currently has vacancies available for children aged 18months to 5 years at each session.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 15:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises, but it is an old building.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - At nursery we enjoy a healthy snack each morning and afternoon, taking into account any child's dietary requirements.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We would adapt to the needs of the child. Specialist expertise our leading Practitioner.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.50 2 years - Per session £5:00 3 years plus - Per hour
- We also early starts and later stays - 8 or 8:30 am start and a 3:30 or 4pm finish - costing £10 for each child per stay, this becomes £5 per child if required by two or more children.
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Soft play area, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 4 Year(s) 0 month(s)
The Old School House Nursery provides 'Outstanding' term time early education for children aged 18 months to 5yrs. We have a highly qualified team of staff who enjoy being key persons. The nursery is based in the ground floor rooms of an old Victorian headteachers house so plenty of indoor and outdoor space to explore. Do please give us a call to arrange a visit, we look forward to meeting you.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/10/2007 Integrated Outstanding 24/09/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 06/10/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
The setting has two qualified SENco's who monitor the progress of the children at the setting. We work with parents throughout the time their child is at the nursery and support transitions to others setting and/or primary school.
- Steph Cross/ Dawn Edwards
- 01473 890950
- Conditions Supported
- Child care
More like this
Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to write a review
Home from home
Loved seeing my little girl bloom at helmingham. She has been there from 18months and is now nearly 3. She is always excited to go and only aprehensive the 1st time. All the lovely ladies who run it are warm and friendly to us both and a source of knowledge and wisdom when dealing with potty training etc etc. we both love it!!
An outstanding nursery in every way
Our son has thrived at this nursery and absolutely loves going there! All the staff are extremely friendly, caring and knowledgeable and the children receive individual care and attention to bring out the best in them. The children are given lots of opportunities to grow, learn and have fun in a safe and stimulating environment, with a wide variety of activities on offer. Our son has become far more confident and his speech and vocabulary have developed enormously. We will be sad to leave when he goes to 'big school' later this year.
I can't praise this nursery highly enough. The setting is beautiful, lots of outdoor space for our son to explore. Many of the staff have had their own children which gives me the peace of mind that they understand and can empathise fully with all sorts of situations. Since starting at the oshn our son's speech has improved along with his confidence. He loves going to nursery and has made lovely bonds with members of staff. The effort that the ladies go to to put on extra events is remarkable; art exhibition, sports day etc. I will be truly sad the day my son moves on and we couldn't wish for a better setting for our child to start their educational journey.