Felixstowe Museum is situated at Landguard Point viewing area between the Fort and Port. There are 14 display areas, covering the social and military history of the Felixstowe area. Tea room and reference library and shop. Education and group visits at other times by arrangement.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Felixstowe Museum
- IP11 3TW
- Area served
- Suffolk, Felixstowe
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Ample free parking adjacent to the museum
- No.77 bus, hourly to Landguard from Ipswich via Felixstowe. Foot ferry from Harwich/Shotley during summer. Open-top bus from Felixstowe Ferry to Landguard every Sunday and Wednesday during the schools' summer holidays.
- Restrictions to access
- Museum is wheel chair friendly
Days & Times
- Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays: 1200-1700 (Easter until the end of October). Open on Wednesdays 1200-1700 (June until the end of September) and also Thursdays during August. Other times by arrangement for education and other groups.
- Cost Details
- Normal admission: Adults £2, children 5-16 £0.50, under 5's free. Young carers Max-Card scheme applies. Admission may be different on special events days.
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access
Children enjoy the Trewick Owl Trail - find out where the owls have roosted this year!
Special exhibition for 2017 "World War 1 from a local perspective" including the bombing raids on Felixstowe.
Smaller displays this year commemorate:
- the 1960's
- Felixstowe Air Cadets
- offshore radio stations incl Radio Caroline
- Last Updated