Felixstowe Museum is situated at Landguard Point viewing area, between the Fort and Port. There are 14 display areas, covering the social and military history of the Felixstowe area. Tea room and reference library and shop. Education and group visits at other times by arrangement.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Felixstowe Museum
- IP11 3TW
- Area served
- Suffolk, Felixstowe
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Ample parking adjacent to the museum
- No.77 bus, hourly to Landguard from Ipswich via Felixstowe. Foot ferry from Harwich/Shotley during summer. Open-top bus from Felixstowe Ferry to Landguard every Sunday and Wednesday during the schools' summer holidays.
- Restrictions to access
- Museum is wheel chair friendly
COVID-19 As expected, the museum is currently closed to all. Watch our website and Facebook pages to find out when we shall open.
Days & Times
- Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays: 1200-1700 (Easter until the end of October). Open on Wednesdays 1200-1700 (June until the end of September) Private group visits at other times (by arrangement) for education and other organisations.
- Cost Details
- Normal admission: Adults £3, children 5-16 £1.00, under 5's free. Young carers Max-Card scheme applies. Admission may be different on special events days and for private visits.
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- AccessAble - access guide for Felixstowe Museum
Children enjoy the Trewick Owl Trail - find out where the owls have roosted this year!
Our special exhibition for 2020 celebrates the 1960s in Felixstowe and beyond including:
- local social history
- offshore radio stations incl Radio Caroline
Find out about special activities and events for children in the school holidays by visiting the What's On pages on our website http://felixstowemuseum.org/
- Last Updated