Felixstowe Museum is situated at Landguard Point viewing area, between the Fort and Port. There are 14 display areas, covering the social and military history of the Felixstowe area. Tea room and reference library and shop. Education and group visits at other times by arrangement.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Felixstowe Museum
- IP11 3TW
- View IP11 3TW on a map
- Area served
- Felixstowe, All Suffolk
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Ample paid parking adjacent to the museum
- No.77 bus, hourly to Landguard from Ipswich via Felixstowe. Foot ferry from Harwich/Shotley during summer. Open-top bus from Felixstowe Ferry to Landguard every Sunday and Wednesday during the schools' summer holidays.
- Restrictions to access
- Felixstowe Museum is wheelchair friendly. The museum is a listed building so a few doorways are too narrow for the widest wheelchairs however a basic wheelchair is available for visitors to borrow (phone or email to book).
The Museum is now open for 2021 season. Check our website for details. Visit Us
Days & Times
- Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays: 1200-1700 (Easter until the end of October). Open on Wednesdays 1200-1700 (June until the end of September) Private group visits at other times (by arrangement) for education and other organisations.
- Cost Details
- Normal admission: Adults £3, children 5-16 £1.00, under 5's free. Young carers Max-Card scheme applies. Admission may be different on special events days and for private visits.
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access
Children enjoy the Trewick Owl Trail - find out where the owls have roosted this year! We are also a learning destination for students of the Suffolk Children's University
Our special exhibitions for 2021 are:
- 'Last Stop Felixstowe Pier'. The advent of the railway in Felixstowe
- Offshore radio stations incl Radio Caroline and a special display: The Who - from Caroline House to Felixstowe
- A celebration of the 1960s in Felixstowe and beyond including local social history
Find out about special activities and events for children in the school holidays by visiting the What's On pages on our website http://felixstowemuseum.org/
More like this
Sign in to write a review