At Shotley Kidzone, all practitioners recognise the importance of supporting each individual child and their families, using their interests along with their emotional, social, creative and physical needs. We recognise that children learn most effectively when they feel secure and relaxed. In our secure and happy environment we aim to present challenging new experiences whilst at the same time satisfying their need for repetition and routines. Our well equipped learning environment is designed to maximise your child’s opportunities for learning and discovery. the Key person role ensures carefully planned activities and play situations are available so the children can benefit from supervised on-to-one, and free play opportunities. We are currently using In the moment planning, which allows the children to experience their own play, through the environment around them.
In addition to this we take advantage of the surrounding country side and play an active part in the local community by going for walks in the woods, farm, shop and around the village.
Who to contact
- Therasa Butcher
- IP9 1NR
- Contact Notes
We also have a facebook page, where you can view activities and events that we are getting upto and also meesage us vis this where needed.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- C/o Shotley CP School
- IP9 1NR
- View IP9 1NR on a map
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is within the laybys at bottom of school gate, if extra is needed the car park at Village hall is available. There is also a disabled parjking space up the drive next to the setting.
- There are bus services that take you to neighbouring villages and Ipswich
The setting is based alongside Shotley CP School. The pathway takes you to The porta Cain which house The Office and The Caterpillar Room, then folowwing the pathway further this takes you to The Butterfly Room, which is positioned within the school building.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Other information
- Please contact Shotley Kidzone for vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8.45am - 3.00pm
Monday to Friday: 7.45am - 8.45am
Monday to Friday: 3.00pm - 6.00pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises and is open planned to enable easy access. the setting has also a large accessible toilet and changing area.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - The setting adheres to their equal Opportunity and inclusion policy and procedures
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - The setting ensures all individual child's needs are catered for working with parent/carers to gain all relevant knowledge to meet child's dietary requirements.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Both Senco and Deputy have completed their Senco training along side vast range of training to support individual children at the setting.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Per hour £5.00 per hour (After Sch) 5.00 per hour (Before Sch)
- all fees are invoice monthly
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Allotment, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Shotley Primary School (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Children are taken into and collected from Shotley school along with taken children from Breakfast club into the Caterpillar Room.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 1 Year(s) 2 month(s)
- To 3 Year(s) 4 month(s)
- Age Groups
All children are treated as individuals, all needs are catered for to the best ability of the team.
training is updated where possible working with a range of proffessional to support the child and family.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 15/01/2008 Integrated Good 15/11/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 15/06/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 21/06/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We are an inclusive setting with qualified and caring staff to meet all children needs.
We at Shotley Kidzone, ensure that we have full regard for the Special Edcational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2014) with this we ensure our provision is inclusive to all children with special education needs.
- We provide a welcome and learning enriched environment aimed at each individual child's needs and stages of development.
- We work closely in partnership with our parents and outside agencies to support and meet the individual children's needs.
- We follow our special education needs policy which we review regularly to ensure that we carry on providing a high quality provision.
- We have a Suffolk accredited named SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator)and Deputy Senco within the setting : Therasa Butcher and Nikki Louise Easton. They works closely with all other staff members in supporting them as keypersons with children with special educational needs children. They both have full responsibility to ensure that the setting follows the Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs Policy and for co-ordinating provison for children with SEN.
- All staff are aware of their responsibilities to meet the needs of children with SEN in their care.
- We ensure that children with SEN are strongly supported during any transitional changes in their education... including the transition to other settings.
- We use the system of 'Assess, Plan, Do and Review' for children with SEN.
- We as a setting as a whole ensure that we keep up to date with the changing of legislation and guidelines but attending regular meetings and training sessions, then the information is then cascaded down to the other staff members.
- Staff have attended specialised training in the following SEN related courses. Makaton 1-4.
Both Senco and Deputy have attended further training to support their role within the setting.
the Senco has also been trained with, Elklan Speech and Language, Down Syndrom, manual Handling,Autism Spectrum awareness, PECS, along with several workshops and research areas.
*Speech and Language
- Therasa Butcher
- 01473 787873
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review