Ladybirds Pre School has places for children from the age of 2 years and offers your child a chance to socialise with other children and adults, learn through play and most of all enjoy themselves. At each session we provide painting, crafts, puzzles, home corner, construction, toys, sand/water, pencils, scissors, books and equipment for activity and imaginative play. We are a small friendly group able to give each child individual time with basic skills helping them to develop their fine and gross motor skills and social and emotional behaviour. Most importantly the children enjoy what they are doing and feel they have achieved something. We run a popular lunch-club following the main pre-school session enabling children to socialise and interact in an informal environment whilst eating their lunch. Our aims are: to enhance the development and education of children ender statutory school age in a community based group and to provide a welcoming, caring, safe, secure and stimulating environment to help your child learn through play. We are regularly inspected by OFSTED and were very pleased with the excellent results of our latest inspection in March 2011. We are members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance and participate in the Early Education Grant, which enables us to offer free sessions to over 3 year olds. By means of developmentally appropriate play activities, Ladybirds Pre School offers a well planned and resourced curriculum to take each child’s learning forward and provides an opportunity for them to succeed in an atmosphere of care and feeling valued.
Who to contact
- Leavenheath Village Hall
- CO6 4NR
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking for 40 cars
Local Bus Service Chambers number 84.
- Amy Moore
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Maximum places
- Other information
- Ladybirds Pre-school has spaces available on Monday, Thursday and Friday. Please contact for more information.
Days & times
Monday: 09:15 - 15:15
Thursday: 09:15 - 15:15
Friday: 09:15 - 15:15
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have an assigned SEN and all staff are constantly updating their training in special needs. We are a fully inclusive setting and have experience of children with Downs Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, ADHD, Asthma, Aspergers Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Prada Willi Syndrome.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £9.75 Per session £11.13 3 years plus - Per session
- * £2.50 CLUB 12.15PM - 1PM * PM session includes lunch
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Soft play area, Swings, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
Our setting has wheelchair access to all areas, the equipment and resources are suitable or adaptable for all specific needs. We have a designated SENCo whose training is updated regularly to ensure we offer fully inclusive care and education. We have links with County SENCo professionals and other agencies as necessary.
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 02/11/2007 Combined Inspection - Childcare Good 02/11/2007 Combined Inspection - Nursery Education Good 31/03/2011 EYR Inspection Good 19/10/2015 EYR Inspection Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Ladybirds Pre-School have an experienced named SENCO, who has recently completed the training to Coordinate special education needs provision Level 4, and attended the SEN update meeting to ensure our policies will be in line with the new Families and Childrens Act. All staff our qualified to Level 3 in childcare Care and Learning, and regularly update their training needs
- Sam Edwards
- 07846 604177
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care