Great Yarmouth and Waveney Mind is a forward thinking community based organisation which encourages and supports adults, parents and carers with mental wellbeing.
Through education we will challenge stigma and discrimination in everything we do, encouraging equal opportunities, positive thinking and embracing cultural diversity.
Our work will be founded on meaningful partnerships and active involvement of service users.
We will create and encourage opportunities for individual and professional growth, understanding that all these are essential elements of excellence in service provision.
Our Objectives are to:
- Offer a range of individually tailored services that will enable people living with mental ill health to develop through a strengths/recovery model programme and achieve their defined goals.
- To provide active mental health promotion to individuals, schools, businesses and communities.
- To ensure that both at strategic and operational levels the organisation is fully engaged in developing and maintaining close working relationships with a wide network of sectors and providers in the borough and beyond.
- To work with individuals and their community network in order to maintain independence and self-determination.
- To develop all services in line with Quality Standards and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
Please visit our website for further information about the services we provide to support people with emotional wellbeing issues.