Judo Club was formed in 1993 by Julie and Neil Jolliffe, both Dan-grade judo players. The Club supports a wide catchment area of east Suffolk, including Aldeburgh, Saxmundham, Halesworth, Framlingham, Wickham Market, Woodbridge, Orford and the villages in between. Our current membership stands in excess of 80 Judo players of all ages, from 5 years to “don’t ask”!
Hollesley Judo Club
Who to contact
- Additional Website
http://find us on FaceBook
Where to go
- Hollesley Judo Club
Tunstall Community Hall
- IP12 2JB
- Area served
- Saxmundham, Suffolk Coastal, Aldeburgh, Leiston, Framlingham, Wickham Market, Woodbridge
Hall behind the Green Man PH, parking available.
Days & Times
- Mondays @ Rock Barracks, Sutton Heath Nr Woodbridge 7.30 - 9.00pm. Thursdays @ Tunstall Community Centre 6.30 - 7.30,( Under 8yrs) 7.30 - 8.30pm (8- - 14 yrs) , 8.30 - 9.30pm youths and adults.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Tunstall 6.30 - 7.30pm 5 - 8 yrs. 7.30 - 8.30pm 8 - 14 yrs. 8.30 - 9.30pm Youths and Adults. Rock Barracks 7.30 - 9.00pm Junior graded players
Adults of all abilities welcome.
- Cost Details
- Membership to Hollesley Judo Club is £18 per year per family. Weekly subscriptions then £2.50 per player. Each player must be a licensed member of the British Judo Association, for more details visit the website on www.britishjudo.org.uk
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Wheelchair Access
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- Hollesley Judo Club is affiliated to the British Judo Association (club no. 9013), the recognised body for running judo in the UK up to international and Olympic level. Male and female accredited coaches. You must be a member of the British Judo Association to do Judo at our club, or other affiliated licence holder. This gives each player insurance cover and they are eligible to participate in Judo activities in the uk.
Our philosophy is to provide affordable and enjoyable participation in sport to everyone, regardless of age, ability or circumstances. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
Judo is a great all round sport which improves fitness while having fun! We also have 3 female coaches which is great for the ladies!
If you want to see what its like , come and watch a session , you might really like what you see!
- Last Updated