Julia Eversden - Little Petals Childminding
I am an Ofsted Rated Good quality assured, accredited childminder which means I can offer the free early learning for 2, 3 & 4 year olds. I have been childminding since 1994. I offer a warm, caring and family environment with a dedicated and well-stocked playroom, with a variety of toys, activities and crafts for all ages, we value all the children as individuals and I plan a range of activities to encompass the early learning goals to help your child learn through play, mastering their next steps, whilst acquiring the skills they need as they grow to reach their full potential. We enjoy gardening in my fully enclosed garden with jungle gym play equipment, playhouse, bikes and cars. We encourage social interaction by attending various baby and toddler groups as well as making other links within the community. We are also a forest childcare setting believing that children learn best when they have the space to explore and are exposed to nature and all its wonders. I offer a fully inclusive setting and am happy to talk to parents about their child's various needs. I hold current certificates in First Aid, Child Protection, Food Hygiene, and have attended courses in Behavior Management, Autism Awareness, and Makaton Signing for beginners, among others. I believe that ongoing professional development is important and regularly access training to keep my setting up to date. I have completed the Suffolk Quality Assurance Scheme and a level 3 and level 4 qualification in childcare learning and development, and am an ECAT setting, a key practitioner, and a Suffolk Accredited special educational needs coordinator. My daughter who is also a registered childminder works alongside me, meaning that we have a higher ratio of adult to children, enabling us to give focused attention where needed. She holds level 2 and 3 in Childcare, and also pediatric first aid, safeguarding, food hygiene etc. I use an electronic system for observations allowing parents to log in to see what we have been doing, keep a track of their child's progress and add information from home ensuring a rounded development picture. I am hygge accredited and am currently completing the curiosity approach accreditation.
Who to contact
- Julia Eversden
- Parking available
Bus route numbers 4 and 2
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact me for vacancy information
Days & times
Monday to Thursday: 8.00 - 5.30
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Experience with children from other ethnic groups. Pleased to take advise from parents/carers. We follow a culturally diverse programme.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - Can be arranged. I have knowledge of milk intolerance, coeliac disease and religious diets.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Facilities can be made available if required i.e. ramps and downstairs toilet en suite.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 4.75 Per hour 6.00 per hour After School Session until 6pm
- Included in my hourly fee are all outings, lunch and snacks. We also provide cloth nappies during our day for those parents who wish to access this.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet cats, Pet small mammals, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- Broke Hall CP School (Ipswich)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 23/08/2007 Integrated Good 14/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 11/02/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 02/11/2021 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I have completed SENCO training through Suffolk County Council.
I have had some experience of supporting children with Hypermobility, and have worked with parents to ensure that the activities I offered were suitable for the children, I have also worked with children with delayed speech and worked with the parents and health visitor and speech therapist to support their learning and development. I have attended courses in beginners Makaton and use some basic signing with the children. I have also attended training on Autism and ADHD and behavioural management. I work closely with the parents of the children in my care to observe and assess them on an ongoing basis to ensure that any concerns are identified and supported as and where required. One of my assistants has attended training for SEN safeguarding and has experience of a work placement with children with special needs across nursery to 16.
I am happy to take advice where needed on measures to adapt my setting to accommodate SEN where possible.
- Julia Eversden
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Highly recommended Rated 5 out of 5
Julia has looked after my two girls from a young age (18m & 10m now 6.5 and 4). She genuinely cares for them, always considering their development, learning opportunities and emotional and physical welfare. They are exposed to lots of experiences - crafts, groups, outings and cooking - and are very well cared for in a homely environment which is professionally run. I would highly recommend Julia, as would my girls I'm sure!
Review submitted on 04/08/2017