Lunch club is a place to make friends with others in a relaxed friendly atmosphere.
Every Wednesday from 10:30am we serve free tea, coffee & biscuits and spend time chatting. Each week leaders organise a quiz and a game, and occasionally we have visiting entertainers.
Once or twice a year we have a day trip out which includes a meal.
Although the people attending are mostly the older generation, lunch club is open to all ages.
If you are a young mum or dad with children at school and are looking to meet people, this is open to you. If you have disabilities and are unable to work, this is open to you.
Many lonely people have struck up friendships by coming to our lunch club.
Games - Quizzes, Darts, Skittles, Hoopla, Bowls
- Occasional visiting entertainers - Tickled Pink Productions, Trev Budgie Walton, Richard & Glynis
Some of the outings over the years have included:
- Wroxham Broads - River trip
- Peterborough - Shopping
- King's Lynn - Shopping
- Thursford Christmas Show
What you need to know
- You do not have to stay for lunch.
- Good disabled access to main hall.
- Disabled toilet facilities.
- Wednesdays 10:30am-2pm
- Lunch served at 12.30pm
- Although predominantly aimed at the older generation anyone can join us.