Waveney Sailability has specially adapted boats to make it possible for anyone with a disability to enjoy sailing. They haven’t yet found any person who has been unable to sail due to their disability.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Waveney Sailability
Waveney and Oulton Broad Yacht Club
- NR33 9JR
- Area served
- Lowestoft, East Suffolk, Oulton Broad
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking details
- Reduced parking charge for blue badge holders in nearby public car park
- Limited bus serviceFirst 106
- Restrictions to access
- Wheel chair accessable
Days & Times
- 12 noon Tuesdays, April to October
- Time of day
- Session Information
30 minute sailing slots until 4 pm
- Cost Details
- Membership is £70 per year.
- Age Groups
- 16-25 years, Adults, Young people
- Wheelchair Access, Lift, Adapted Toilet
- Accreditation website
- Accreditation details
- RYA Foundation site
The facilities are accessible for wheelchair users. There is disabled parking within 400 metres.
We now have a wet room with toilet and shower facilities, accessable by wheel chair. Also a lift to the upper floor of the club house
- Last Updated
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our Volunteers have disability awareness training and appropriate training for their sailing instruction, first aid, and safety boats. By approved RYA approved courses.
Our organisation is membership based and we are unable to offer 'one off' sailing tuition.
- Richard Morling
- 01502 573556