Little Ouse Headwaters Project (LOHP) is a local charity, dedicated to the restoration, conservation and promotion of enjoyment of the wildlife and landscape of the Little Ouse valley on the Suffolk/Norfolk border, for the benefit of wildlife, people, and the climate.
Our longer term aims:
- To re-create and maintain a continuous corridor of wildlife habitat along the headwaters of the Little Ouse by
- improving the wildlife diversity
- where appropriate, restoring natural river features
- improving water quality
- To facilitate rural regeneration and land-use diversification
- To improve recreation, amenity and education value for the community
- To improve landscape quality and safeguard against flooding
We organise a range of activities, there is something for everyone from wildlife recording to practical conservation work parties, to events and guided walks.