We provide free and independent support for both prosecution and defence witnesses in every criminal court in England and Wales.
Our trained volunteers provide practical information about the process, as well as emotional support to help witnesses feel more confident when giving evidence.
You can get help from the Witness Service before, during and after the trial.
A Witness Service volunteer might be able to:
- come to your home or somewhere you feel comfortable to discuss your needs
- help you prepare for the trial and talk you through what will happen
- organise a visit to the court before the trial
- support you giving evidence on the day
- find you help after the trial if you want it, for example counselling