Puddleducks Kindercare Ltd
Puddleducks Kindercare was established in October 1990 and during the past 30 years we have gradually expanded, whilst maintaining an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality childcare. The nursery caters for children between the ages of 5 months to 5 years. Although during school holidays we have children up to 8 years old.
We offer a family type atmosphere, which is promoted by the managers and staff, several of which are mothers themselves. ALL members of staff hold relevant qualifications and continue to broaden there professional knowledge with on going training courses.
The nursery is located in a semi rural setting close to Ipswich, situated on a private road with access from Bourne Hill. A wood faces the nursery and the views to the rear are of Bourne Park, water meadows and the River Orwell, with an open field adjacent to the nursery. The Shotley peninsular, A45 and the A12, Belstead, Bentley, East Bergholt, Brantham, Colchester and Ipswich are all with in easy reach of the nursery.
Who to contact
- Kirsty Morgan
8a Bourne Terrace
- IP2 8NG
- Puddleducks Kindercare Ltd.
8a Bourne Terrace
- IP2 8NG
- View IP2 8NG on a map
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- We have a large off road car park at the front of the nursery
- There are bus routes that stop on Bourne Bridge and by Fox's Marina - both a 10 minute walk from us
- Restrictions to access
- There are no restrictions to access
- Kirsty Chambers
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Puddleducks Kindercare Ltd for vacancy information. Waiting list depending on child's age and days requested.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8.00 - 5.30
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - Dietary requirements, sensitive and aware of celebrated/non celebrated festivals. Promote British Values within our setting. Support for EAL
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for all dietary requirements that have been identified/confirmed by a medical professional. We have experience with catering for the following dietary requirements: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Celiac, Vegetarians. Relevant staff are trained to use Epi-pens through Paediatric Infant & Child First Aid Level 3 training. Specific staff have also had 1-1 training with an Allergy Nurse from Ipswich Hospital.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Severe dietary needs
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £6.05 3 years plus - Per hour £5.15 2 years - Per hour £6.25 Birth to 1yr - Per hour
- We accept all voucher scheme payments as well as being set up with the HMRC voucher scheme. We offer 15 hours grant funding for eligible 2, 3 & 4 yr olds. We also offer the additional 15 hours grant funding to eligible 3 & 4 yr olds. £3 is charged daily for snacks and lunch for grant funded weeks.
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, Swings, TV, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 month(s)
- To 8 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/02/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/06/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
As a setting we have lots of experience working with children with special educational needs and disabilities, specific experience is listed above. We aim to provide a welcome and appropriate learning opportunity for all children in our care regardless of any special educational or developmental needs.
We have one trained SENCO, we have experience of creating and implementing individual target plans, all staff are encouraged and supported in helping children reach their full potential and meet set targets. We also work closely with health visitors, speech and language therapists, and other external professionals when required. Most importantly we are aware of the important part parents play in supporting their children. Anything we put in place as a setting is always discussed and shared with parents first. Parents are encouraged to have their input throughout.
We adapt activities so that all children can participate if it is safe to do so. We have space to accommodate walking and standing frames as well as an accessible path down to the garden.
We have experience of the Educational Heath Care plan referrals. We also have experience of using additional methods of communication such as Makaton, visual aids, picture cards, choice boards, now and next. We understand the importance of early intervention and thrive on giving all children the best start to education.
1 trained SENCO
Support from SALT;physiotherapists and other external professionals
Adaptable resources and equipment
We can accommodate walking and standing frames
Great staff to parent communication
Training courses attended when specific needs arise.
- Kirsty Chambers
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Fantastic Rated 5 out of 5
Puddleducks is a fantastic nursery, it's a family run business and it really does feel like you are part of that family, the support we have received from them when our son started at 11 months has been invaluable and now at age 2 that hasn't changed. He loves it there and I feel 100% happy and confident that he is safe and very well looked after.
Review submitted on 10/02/2016
Loving, friendly staff Rated 5 out of 5
I have sent two childrent to Puddleducks. My first child (who has an autism spectrum condition) thrived there and made a very good transition to school. My second child has been there since the age of 13 months. The staff are very experienced, caring and dedicated. Many are mums of nursery-age children themselves. The staff always seem happy and motivated and there is a low turnover. The nursery is very clean and organised and has a bright, friendly feel. There is a very large outdoor area. Highly recommend. Thank you Puddleducks!
Review submitted on 22/02/2016
Amazing! Rated 5 out of 5
My daughter began attending Puddleducks age 11 months and still absolutely loves it age two and a half. The staff are fabulous with children and are always polite, helpful and friendly, and very reassuring towards parents that may be anxious about their child attending nursery. Their outdoor space and opportunities are amazing, from climbing frames to walks in the woods, and their home-cooked meals and snacks are well thought out and always enjoyed. I have no hesitation recommending this family run nursery to anyone and everyone, and my son is already enrolled ready for my return to work from maternity leave.
Review submitted on 22/02/2016
Caring, skilled staff Rated 5 out of 5
My 14 month old and 2.5 year old boys absolutely love their time at nursery and I am so pleased with the excellent care they receive. The staff maintain an effective line of communication with parents and are incredibly attentive to each child's needs to make sure they feel at home. This not only makes little ones happy, but creates an atmosphere of good behaviour. Each aspect of the nursery care is well planned from their daily outings, healthy meals and range of activities. It is a joy to see what my boys are learning from their experience at Puddleducks and I would highly recommend the nursery.
Review submitted on 18/03/2016
Wonderful nursery, fantastic staff & happy children Rated 5 out of 5
Our daughter started at Puddleducks 6 months ago, aged 10 months, and we could not be happier with our choice of nursery. The staff are all so warm and friendly, and are brilliant with the children. The facilities and variety of activities are absolutely fantastic. The nursery has a large outdoor space with beautifully laid out gardens full of activities for the children to enjoy. I really couldn't recommend this nursery highly enough, it's got to be the best in the area.
Review submitted on 03/05/2016