St Michael's Pre-school is set in the beautiful Brantham countryside next to St. Michael's Church. We offer a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment for play and learning. We have an excellent outdoor play area which can be used all year round. We are fortunate enough to be able to go for regular walks down to the railway bridge where we watch the trains and look down the river. All staff receive regular training to keep up to date with the latest developments within education and care. St Michael's latest Ofsted report was 'good' with outstanding for children's Personal, social and welfare. We offer care for children age 4 months until they start school, most children chose to transfer to one of our other settings in Brantham or East Bergholt when they reach 3 years of age (usually closer to the school they are hoping to attend).
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
St Michael's Pre-school - nursery provision (ages 4 months to 5 years)
Who to contact
- The Institute, Rectory Lane
- CO11 1PZ
- Parking available
- Parking details
Accessible entrance with parking spaces. Large outside area.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Hayley Aherne to discuss current vacancies.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:00 - 18:00
Monday to Friday: 8.45am - 11.45am
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 1.00pm
Monday to Friday: 11.45am - 2.45pm
Monday to Friday: 1.00pm - 6.00pm
Monday to Friday: 8.45am - 2.45pm
Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 6.00pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting had level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We work closely with parents to accommodate any child with dietary requirements.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We welcome special needs children and have experience of 3 C's syndrome along with others listed.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Fee's for Under Two year olds; hourly rate £5.95, day rate (8.00am - 6.00pm) £54.00, day rate with all food (breakfast, lunch, tea and two snacks) £59.90. Fee's for over Two year olds; hourly rate £5.40, day rate (8.00am to 6.00pm) £48.60, day rate with all food (breakfast, lunch, tea and two snacks) £54.90. Discounted rates for multiple birth; second child half price. We offer an early 7.00am drop off at a cost of £5.95 for under 2's and £5.40 for over 2's. We offer a 7.30am drop off at a cost of £2.98 for under 2's and £2.70 for over 2's. We offer an additional time slot of care towards the end of the afternoon from 2.45pm to 4.30pm at a cost of £10.40 for the under 2's and £9.45 for the over 2's. We offer multiple birth discount - second child is half price. Lunch; over 2's £2.70 and under 2's £2.50 Tea; over 2's £2.20 and under 2's £2.00 Snack; 40p Breakfast; 60p
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 4 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
Constable Country Childcare is a Registered Charity and a voluntary run group, mostly self-funding, providing ‘learning through play’ facilities for children age 3 months – 11 years. Our aim is to provide a safe, stimulating, friendly environment with a wide range of activities for children to play and learn many skills while socialising with other children in their community. We have a Christian ethos and pride ourselves on being an inclusive provider open to all (children and their families).
We operate over four settings providing nursery care and breakfast and after school clubs:
St Michael’s Pre-school
East Bergholt Young Explorers
Brookland Young Explorers
Stutton Young Explorers
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 12/12/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 08/12/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
St. Michael's endeavours to provide a warm welcome to all our children and their families.
We strive to promote an atmosphere where children can thrive in a stimulating learning environment. Children are encouraged by our dedicated and highly qualified staff team to develop as individuals and reach their full potential. We work closely with local Primary Schools and are happy when required, to work with other schools and educational providers, with the aim to facilitate a smooth transition for all children when the time comes. Staff members regularly attend training to expand their professional qualifications and will seek further training, when required to be as inclusive as possible for SEND.
We have a several qualified SEND Co-ordinators.
- Hayley Aherne
- Hayley Aherne
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care