West Suffolk Cancer Care Navigator Service
West Suffolk Cancer Care Navigators are here to help you get the right help and support with all your non-medical needs. You can call us for a one-to-one personal conversation, and we will help direct you to the right information and support services near you.
We are trained staff working alongside West Suffolk Hospital and with local GP Surgeries to support you, your family and carers with any of the practical, financial and emotional concerns that you might have.
We can offer
- Practical, written information about your cancer type and the support available.
- Advice on money worries and how to get support.
- A chance to discuss your physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Information on local activities and resources, including psychological support, exercise programmes, complementary therapy, befriending, welfare and benefits advice, support groups, workshops and courses.
How we work
- We'll arrange a time, convenient to you, to talk through all your needs on the phone, helping to identify your key concerns so we can point you towards the best support and services for you.
- A simple questionnaire called a 'Holistic Needs Assessment' can help us understand how cancer may be affecting your whole life, not just your health.
- We can arrange face-to-face follow up sessions or phone follow-up calls where needed.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Available across West Suffolk
- Area served
- West Suffolk
- Age Groups
More like this
Sign in to write a review