I am an enthusiastic mum of 3 boys and step mum to another, who would love your child to join us. I have a warm loving home and were I will encourage your child to develop and learn about the world around them, whilst having fun and respecting others. I follows the EYFS to ensure that this is done in an effective way and that the activities children take part in cover all of the 7 areas of learning. I have 2 dogs, a cat, which your child can have as much of or as little contact with as they and you are comfortable with. As well as a variety of toys and books, your child will also get the chance to join in with a variety of crafts and cooking. I am happy to accommodate any special needs in every aspect of my care. I live close to several parks and Brandon Country Park and your child will have the opportunity to visit it regularly as well as local toddler groups and the library.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Claire Goldstone Childminding
Who to contact
- IP27 0YP
- Parking available
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Claire has 1 space for under 5's thurs and 1 space for over 5's Mon, tues, wed and fri.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07:30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - In consulation with parents.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have to date had no experience of any special requirements, but am always happy to learn and would be willing to attend any courses necessary and attempt to accomadate any special needs. I have experience of children with English as an additional language.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.75 Per hour
- £2.50 for additional child, if sibling attends and one is of school age.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet cats, Pet dogs, Pet reptile, Pets, Private changing area, Sleeping area, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings
- School pickups
- Forest Academy (Brandon)
- Further information about pick-ups
- I also drop off and collect from Forest Nursery and Brandon Pre-school Playgroup.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 13 Year(s)
I can provide funded spaces for 2,3 and 4 year olds when spaces are available.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 23/07/2008 Care Satisfactory 18/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/03/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 17/09/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 24/06/2021 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 08/12/2021 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
All children are catered for, and with guidance from parents I am always happy to adapt my setting and teaching and learning to accommodate all children. I have had personal experience as a parent with speech and language difficulties and have limited experience of caring for a child with ASD. I keep my training up to date and have done training in a positive approach to behaviour as well as specific training for 2 year olds and babies. I also regularly update my SEND policy to reflect the latest legislation and am always happy to undertake any training that will improve my SEND practice. I am currently studying for level 5 early years lead practitioner which involves specific SEND assignments and skills assessments to help keep my knowledge up to date. The downstairs of my setting and garden are fully wheelchair accessible.
- Child care