*SEND Family Services
The Family Services Teams are part of the Inclusion Service at Suffolk County Council. They work to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families and the education settings they attend.
- Ensure that assessments, including Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments, are accurate and delivered within statutory timescales
- Guide children and young people with Education, Health and Care Plans and their families through their education and SEND journey
- Monitor the progress of children and young people with SEND in achieving outcomes from their Education, Health and Care Plans, to prepare them for adulthood, and offer guidance at times of transition
- Support children and young people with Education, Health and Care Plans who are at risk of, or who have been permanently excluded
SEND Family Services has launched a new portal for applications for Education, Health and Care needs assessments (EHCNA).
For new requests, we ask that you use the following link to access and complete the new online portal form: Suffolk Children and Young People's Portal
If you have previously submitted an Early Help assessment or safeguarding referral to us, you will already have an account. If not, you will be asked to create an account the first time you complete a request. You will find guidance on how to complete the new portal form using the link above.
For any EHCNA requests that you are part way through, you can submit these on the existing paperwork, but we please ask that you email these to: EHCNARequest@suffolk.gov.uk
For assistance with the portal, you can contact the new EHCNA request team on: 01473 263688.
Where to go
- Area served
- All Suffolk
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, 16-25 years, Children (5-11), Young people
- Related links
Transition protocol for SEND Family Services
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
The service operates in line with the Children and Families Act (2014) and SEND Code of Practice (2015), working in partnership with a full range of organisations involved in delivering the Local Offer, including health, social care, education settings and other providers, as well as children, young people and families directly.
If you are an education, health or social care practitioner calling with a general query about SEND, please contact the Inclusion Support Line on 01473 265502 / email@example.com
If you are a parent/carer with a general query about SEND, please contact the Local Offer Line on 0345 606 1490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are calling about an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA) that is within it’s first six weeks, please contact the EHCNA Team on 01473 263688 / EHCNArequest@suffolk.gov.uk
If you would like to speak to someone in SEND Family Services about an EHCNA at a later stage, or have a specific query about a child, please contact your local Family Services Team:
Assessments, Education, Health and Care Plans
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review