Knodishall and District Playgroup aims to provide a variety of stimulating educational opportunities for your child in a safe, supportive and caring environment. We believe that each child is unique and deserves to have every opportunity to develop at their own pace, while having fun and feeling safe. We offer a free taster session taster so that you and your child can come and visit playgroup during a session with no obligation and join in some messy fun! The Playgroup is run from the Mission Rooms in School Road, we can have up to 20 children in a session. The space on offer includes a large activity room, cloakroom, child size tables and chairs, child size toilets, separate kitchen and a hall attached to the activity room. There is an outdoor play area with a safety surface used every day for a wide range of wheeled toys, climbing equipment, slides, water play and many more outdoor toys and equipment. We have an outside shelter so children can still play outside in all weathers safely. Disabled toilet and ramp for a wheel chair access. The main activity room is equipped for art and craft activities, role play, construction, table activities, floor toys, sand and water play, computing and music. There is also a cosy book corner with cushions, a large selection of books for dual language which allows the children to sit quietly and enjoy a book. Knodishall and District Playgroup is a registered charity managed by a voluntary committee of parents and carers. We believe that a trusting partnership between the playgroup, the parents and the child is the most effective springboard to a happy and successful development. We will encourage this partnership to flourish by operating an open policy of consultation. We work closely with all primary Schools around around our village during the transition from playgroup to school. The reception teacher from local schools will visit playgroup regularly for the last half term to get to know the children who will be in their class. These are just a few comments that we have been sent in letters thanking our staff: ‘Thank you very much for making my daughter feel so welcome at playgroup. Ever since day one, she has adored, all of you. She is definitely ready for big school.’ ‘My husband and I can certainly see what a difference playgroup can make. From our child being a shy, nervous little boy to a confident fun loving boy at the end!!’ ‘Thank you so much for having me come to your playgroup for my work experience. I really enjoyed helping out and being with the children. I will miss you all.’
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Knodishall & District Playgroup
Who to contact
- The Mission Rooms
- IP17 1UD
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking across the road form the building.
There is a bus route through the village. The bus stop is just a short distance away from the playgroup. Hall hire for functions & children's parties, Kitchen facilities.
- Tim Haxell
- Chairperson of Committee
The mission rooms
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Knodishall & District Playgroup have places available for sessions although some of our days are almost to full capacity. We have limited spaces for 2year old's, please contact us for further information on what we can currently offer.
Days & times
Monday: 09:00 - 12:00 or 3.00
Tuesday: 09:00 - 12:00 or 3:00
Wednesday: 09:00 - 12:00 or 3:00
Thursday: 09:00 - 12:00 or 3:00
Friday: 09:00 - 12:00 or 3:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We celebrate different cultures through trying different foods and dressing up celebrating other countries and culture.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All requirements will be respected and catered for.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Our staff have training in Makaton use daily, PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) and have a fully trained Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) member of staff in the sessions.ECAT
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £15.00 per session (3Hours) 2 years plus - Per session £13.00 per session (3Hours) 3 years plus - Per session
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Equipment for all ages, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pets, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Swings, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 04/05/2006 Integrated Good 12/03/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 15/12/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 27/09/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our setting is always over ratio child to adult. Jess Kersey, joined our setting in 2013. Trained SENCO with up to date training. Jess is a qualified Early Years Teacher rated “outstanding” and holds a degree in Early years practice and Early Years development. Early Year and Child Care Development NVQ 4. Makaton trained level 1.First aid for adults. Paediatric level 3 for children. Roles and responsibilities - Safeguarding children.Deputy lead for the setting. Food safety. Makaton trained level 1.Experience of working with children with Autism & Autistic spectrum, Global delay, speech & language, Behaviour, Aspergers syndrome. Debbie Godbold - Now Play Assistant, joined the setting in 1996. Was our SENCO for 16 years, experience of working with 10 children with SEN. Qualified in Early years and child care development level 3. Makaton trained level 1.First aid. Safe guarding children. PECKS & visuals used daily. Food safety. Behaviour understanding why. Experience of working with children with Autism & Autistic spectrum, Global delay, speech & language, Downes syndrome, Behaviour, Aspergers syndrome.
- Jess Kersey
- 01728 831328
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care