The First Stop Pre-School
First Stop Pre School is situated within the grounds of Trimley St Mary Primary School. First Stop has been open since 1982 operating originally in a converted double decker bus. The pre school moved into the current purpose built building in 1986. Which offers wheelchair friendly access and toilet facilities. The setting has its own secure enclosed garden with a large undercover area. Providing all children with outdoor play based learning opportunities whatever the weather. We are open during term time Monday to Friday 8.45-11.45 and 12.20-3.20. We provide drinks and a healthy snack morning and afternoon.
We have 8 permanent staff members who are all highly qualified and experienced in their role. All staff are regularly trained in first aid and safeguarding. First Stop has a trained SENCo and who holds an Elkan speech and language qualification enhancing the support available to the children. We offer a warm welcoming environment to all and support our parents and children alike in what for many is their first transition into a setting.
The Pre School is managed by a committee elected by and from the parents. Therefore major decision making is in the hands of those who use the group.
We welcome all children from all backgrounds regardless of social economic status, religion or culture. We welcome and encourage parent/carer involvement in various ways. Through a rota where parents/carers are welcome to participate in whole sessions with their children. We engage in fundraising whenever the need arises which parents are actively involved in. First Stop enter a float in the yearly village carnival which is solely down to the parents, planning and bringing their ideas together.
Our aims are: To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving, community-based group. To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment. To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
'We help children achieve their full potential through nurturing relationships and create an active learning environment'
Who to contact
- First Stop Pre School
154 High Road
Trimley St Mary
- IP11 0ST
- View IP11 0ST on a map
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking for parents and visitors is on Trimley High Road at the front of the school
- The setting is on a regular bus route and train station is a few minutes walk away.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- Childminders and other settings the parent/carer chooses to use
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We do not expect to have any vacancies until September 2023, please visit our website to place your child's name onto our waiting list.
Days & times
Monday to Friday AM: 8.45 - 11.45
Monday to Friday PM: 12.20 - 3.20
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £12.50 Per session
- We provide a healthy snack and water or milk at no extra cost
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Private changing area, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 4 Year(s) 0 month(s)
All staff are experienced in caring for children with severe food allergies.
All staff are first aid trained.
We have Pecs & Makaton trained staff.
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 15/06/2007 Integrated Good 10/09/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 09/05/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 28/06/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We have a NASEN level 3 SENCo.
We can create and implement SEN Plans, EHCPs & Health plans.
- Terri Churchill
- 01394 270007
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review