We are a friendly nursery who offer a high standard of care to every child. All our children and parents are seen as individuals and their needs are met in a caring and warm environment. A well equipped and spacious building with a good sized outdoor play area. We also have a very unique Forest School area with two qualified Forest School leaders who support children in small groups in each age group room throughout the year, they also operate a Forest School holiday club for children up to 10 years old in the school holidays.
Suffolk Advice and Support Service helpline: 0800 068 3131 for free financial advice or support.
Home, But Not Alone emergency helpline: 0800 876 6926 for urgent help
Who to contact
- Rachael McNair
- Nursery Manager
- UOS Waterfront Bulding
- IP4 1QJ
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is available for drop off and pick ups at the nursery. Please inform the parking attendants you are coming to the nursery upon arrival.
Use Back Hamlet Entrance on arrival.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Quayside Nursery for vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 07.30 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We have our own cook where we provide healthy well balanced meals cooked fresh, taking into consideration all dietary needs and cultural requirements.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Speech and language difficulties
- Close to parks, Forest school, Healthy eating, Pet small mammals
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 09/10/2007 Integrated Good 02/03/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 11/03/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 07/09/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
At quayside we provide a learning environment where all children can learn through play and meet their full potential. Complying with the SEND code of practice our SENCo ensures that staff understand their role and are up to date with any changes to legislation. There is also another SEN practitioner who works closely with the SENCo to gather information and collate it effectively. At regular team meetings they ensure that we continue to meet the needs of children, families and the staff working with the children. We work closely with other agencies such as Health Visitors and Educational Psychologist to provide the best support we can. Observations and assessments are completed on a regular basis to ensure that all children are progressing and reaching their full potential. For children who are accessing additional support we provide individual support plans working together to reach realistic targets which are reviewed on a regular basis with the parent. We review observations to ensure the environment is suitable and always meeting the needs of the child. When necessary we will apply for additional funding to provide support staff if needed. Our staff have access to apply for additional training if they feel this is required to help support a child.
- Hope Low, Karen Jones OR Susan Brown
- 01473 295890
- Child care