I am a loving, mum to my 26 year old daughter and son of 16. I have been childminding for 14 years, I am a fully insured through PACEY, Ofsted registered childminder. In my most recent Ofsted inspection in November 2015 I was graded Outstanding and my previous inspection in January 2011 I acheived an Outstanding in all 17 areas. I have completed the Suffolk County Council Childminding Pre-Registration course. I hold current certificates in Level 3 Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Safety Level 2, Food Standards Agency - Hygiene rating Level 5 very good, and I am a member of the Professional association for childcare and early years, (PACEY). Chairperson and vacancy coordinator for Hadleigh Childminding Group. I run a group for local childminders which is held at Cherry Blossom Children’s Centre in East Bergolt every fortnight term term. I have completed an NVQ Level 3 in childcare. I run my own business and follow the EYFS Framework, my written policies may be viewed, on request at any time. My home is warm and welcoming, providing a safe, secure, non-smoking environment for all children within my care. There is easy access and facilities for disabled and ample parking for drop-off/collection for parents/carers to collect their children. I have a large enclosed rear garden with various outdoor play equipment. I also have a wide range of toys, books, puzzles and games to suit all ages as well as art and craft facilities. My aim is always to provide a warm and friendly home from home atmosphere for your child to learn and play in. I provide stimulating care for children aged 0-11years through varied and educational play and activities. I regularly attend local toddler groups, which encourage younger children with their social skills, a very important aspect of their development. Other activities include walks to surrounding parks, duck feeding, visits to the local library, farms, Zoo, Seaside, Hadleigh childminding group meet up once a fortnight during term time at Cherry Blossom childrens centre & visits to other childminders homes, etc. I have a full, clean driving licence and hold business insurance for transporting children in my car. I offer a flexible service as I understand that people’s circumstances and needs vary greatly. I am prepared to work irregular hours as and when required. I offer full and part time care. I am prepared to go that extra mile and I am fully committed to providing the best care I possibly can for you and your child. References are available on request.
Karyn Jayne Cuthbert (Pied Piper Childminding)
Who to contact
- Karyn Jayne Cuthbert
- Pied Piper Childminding
- 07860 155955
- Venue Email
- Parking available
I am a 2 minute walk to the bus stop in Magdalen Road, Hadleigh and within easy walking distance into Hadleigh high street. Easy access to A12,A14
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- MONDAY TO THURSDAY VACANCY FROM AUGUST 2020 - Please contact Karyn (Pied Piper Childminding) for vacancy information
Days & times
Monday: 08:00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 08:00 - 18:00
Wednesday: 08:00 - 18:00
Thursday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises. Ramp available to access rear garden.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I am more than happy to provide any dietary requirements with parental guidance.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - I have had some experience with special needs, and I am willing to learn and support families who need this care. I have had Gastrostomy feeding and changing training by the Children's Nursing Team.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Please contact provider for cost of session 8am-6pm (other hours available outside these times)
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Games consoles, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Swings, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Village walks
- School pickups
- Beaumont CP School (Hadleigh)
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 3 month(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 28/06/2007 Care Good 26/01/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 24/11/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
I have had experience with children on the Autistic spectrum, including my own son who has Asperges.
I have cared for a severely disabled child with numerious medical conditions. I undertook Gastrostomy Training to help care for them.
I have cared for a child who caught pneumoccal meningitis which caused them to suffer a major stroke. I helped with their Physiotherapy exercise, Speech & Language Therapy & Portage, Signing and Ketogenic Diet (to help control epilepsy) whilst working closely with parents and healthcare professionals.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care