I provide a safe and secure home environment, for children to learn and play. I have a range of toys and activities for children to use.i care for children between 5 - 11years of age , I drop off and collect children from sprites primary school. I have a secure rear garden, and a pet rabbit . I take children on outings in holiday times. I hope that children in my care enjoy themselves and find my home exciting, fun and a safe place that they want to come back to again.
Who to contact
- Judith Sewell
- Venue Notes
There is a bus stop nearby
- Parking available
- Parking details
- 1 space on the driveway or roadside parking is available
There is a bus stop nearby
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- I have no spaces available at present From September 2017 I will have two spaces available for before and after school care
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - I do not currently have access for wheelchairs users into my home.but side access could be used to access the house with a wheel chair if needed
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - I have a range of toys, books etc which cover a wide range of different cultures, faiths and nationalities.I have some experience in different cultures.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I will cater for dietary needs with the knowledge and support of parents as well as my own understanding.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - As yet I have not had experience of working with children who need additional support but I am willing to train & take on children with parents guidance and help.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.50 Per hour
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sleeping area, Slide, TV, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- Sprites Primary Academy (Ipswich)
- Further information about pick-ups
- i only drop off or collect from sprites primary school.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 5 Year(s)
- To 11 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 08/10/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/05/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 26/07/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
My name is Judith Sewell and I am an Ofsted registered childminder in Ipswich Suffolk.
I care for children between the ages of 0 years and 11 years of age.
My setting is open from 730am until 6pm Monday to Friday all year round.
I now offer funded places
I am the SENCO at my setting.
At my setting i provide equal chances for each child to learn and develop to their full potential
I make sure that I promote opportunity and anti-discriminatory practices for every child. I make sure that I treat every child with equal concern and respect.
I do not currently care for any child with SEND and I have not had any experience with additional health or learning requirements.
I liaise with parents and carers on a regular basis and feel confident that I would approach them should a concern arise about their child.
I work alongside the schools / nursery’s which the children attend.
My setting is welcoming and accessible to every child; if wheelchair access is required I have a side entrance which can be used.
The resources I have are accessible and appropriate for every child’s individual needs.
Children have daily learning plans, which I have put in place which are adult led and guided, and support the child’s own interests and learning styles to reach their full potential.
I use the EYFS/areas of learning to note children’s starting points and track their progress, at 2years old I review the child’s progress with the parents, aswell as regular progress reports which I make throughout the year.
Staff and I are trained regularly and we are kept up to date with learning and development.
If I have any concerns about a child’s progress I will contact the child’s parents, school, the local authorities and any other professionals whom may be of help to us.
i have a copy of the new SEND code of practice for parents and carers to view.
- Judith Sewell
- 01473 429647
parents guide to the send reforms
parent partnership in suffolk
- Child care