ABC Childcare (Ipswich) Ltd
We are a pre-school providing early years education for all children between the ages of 2 to 5. We aim to help each child gain confidence and independence by learning through play. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and will work closely with you to meet your child's individual needs. The Preschool offers the universal 15 hours free early years funding and the extended 30 hours funding to all eligible 2 to 5 year olds during the hours of 8.30am until 3pm, Monday to Friday during term time only.
All 3 to 5 year olds can attend ABC from 8am until 6pm, Monday to Friday for 51 weeks of the year.
- Rated Good by Ofsted
- Support children with additional needs
- Provide high quality care and education for children below the statutory school age
- Fully qualified caring staff
- Safe and secure environment
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- Vibrant and fun class rooms
- Stimulating outdoor areas
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity
Who to contact
- IP3 8LR
- View IP3 8LR on a map
- Parking available
- Parking details
We are on the main bus route.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We do have vacancies, please contact us for more information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 09.00 - 15:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.50 2 years - Per hour £5.00 3 years plus - Per hour For over 3 yrs £3.70 Breakfast Club
- Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Slide, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Trampoline
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 30/06/2006 Integrated Good 24/04/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 21/10/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 29/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 13/06/2019 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We provide an environment where all children including those with additional needs can learn and develope through play and meet thier full potential.
The building was constructed in 2007 and complies with all the regulation required. This includes an accessible toilet and changing area.
We comply with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice and our two qualified Level 4 Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators ensure that both premises and staff are aware of any changes. They hold regularly meet with staff to ensure ABC is providing and meeting the needs of the children. We work closely with other agencies, such as Health Visitors and Social Workers to provide the best support and education for the children on our care.
All children have a learning journey profile. Observations and assessments are completed on a regular basis to ensure that all the children are progressing and reaching their full potential. For those children who require additional support we provide individual support plans with realistic targets. These are regularly reviewed with the child and parent. We also use provision mapping to ensure that the environment is also meeting the needs of the children.
We have and where necessary, will apply for additional funding to provide specialist equipment and resources.
We have additional information on site regarding Parent partnership and have good links with our local Children Centre.
Our staff have also had additional training in ASD & ADHD, Makaton and Positive approach to Behaviour
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Ofsted Inspector 2019 Rated 4 out of 5
Staff have high expectations of childen's achievements. They skilfully know when to allow children to try things for themselves and when to step in to offer support and guidance. All children are keen to join in with the enjoyable and challenging activities. Children are supported well to develop a growing awareness of how to keep themselves healthy and manage reasonable risks. Staff provide them with rich opportunities to gain practical skills. Staff take time to find out about childen's specific needs and often draw on the expertise of parents and outside professionals. In particular, this helps them to offer carefully tailored support to meet the needs of children with special educational needs and / or disabilities.
Review submitted on 30/01/2020