Bright Sparks Nursery
Is a permanent nursery in a church hall on Stoke Park Drive. We offer places for children aged between 2yrs and school age.
We have 8 staff all holding qualifications from Level 2 in childcare to degree level.
We are pleased to offer a warm family friendly atmosphere in the nursery, serving children from several generations.
Who to contact
- St Peter's Church Hall
Stoke Park Drive
- IP2 9TH
- View IP2 9TH on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Gravel car park will hold approx 20 cars
There is a large car park to the side of the hall.
Yes we are on a main bus route.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- The nursery is able to take children on throughout the year.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 9.00am Early Club
Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 12.00pm Morning Session
Monday to Friday: 12.00pm - 12:30pm Lunch Club
Monday to Friday: 12.30 pm - 3.30pm Afternoon Session
Monday to Friday: 3.30pm - 4.00pm Late Club
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We are an inclusive setting and welcome children and families from all cultures and religions.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All dietry needs are catered for and the parents/carers fill a form in advising us of these.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - As an inclusive setting we invite all children. The setting has experience with special needs. If a child with special needs joins the setting they may be assigned a 1-1 key worker. All trained staff do observations to assess the child's needs and these needs are met as soon as possible.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £2.50 Lunch Club - Per day £11.00 Per session £2.50 for Early Club or Late Club. Subject to availability.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sensory room, Sleeping area, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 03/07/2007 Integrated Good 06/06/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 25/02/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 29/11/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 24/11/2021 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 10/11/2022 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Bright Sparks has strong connections with local schools and the health visiting service, this enables good transitions into school and support for the children and families.
We have 3 staff members who have Makaton training.
The nursery has held Ecat, we work very hard in developing language and communication skills through storytelling, signs and symbols.
We have 2 qualified SenCo.
We continually attend workshops and training to update our knowledge within the SEND field.
We offer a one level room with access to indoor and outdoor areas for children in wheelchairs or with restricted movement.
We have a small sensory room for children to access.
We have staff members who are experienced in working on a one to one basis, we work with other professionals to achieve the best for our children.
- Lisa Gleed
- 01473 602270
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review
Highly recommended Rated 5 out of 5
Bright sparks have given my son so much support with his learning needs, all the staff are friendly and caring and have a sensitive approach to needs, they are quick to identify issues and waste no time putting strategies in place, they have also given me support and gave me assistance with choosing an appropriate school for my son with their hard work and consistency the transition was exceptional. The staff go above and beyond their job roles to accommodate, and I would recommend this nursery to anyone looking for a great nursery.
Review submitted on 07/10/2015
Great start to learning Rated 5 out of 5
We are very pleased with Bright Sparks Nursery. The staff are welcoming and friendly and our children really enjoy their time at the nursery. The use of Tapestry allows us to see what our children have been doing via pictures and the achievements they have made in set areas. The nursery now teach phonics which is a really good start for going to school as phonics lessons was something that was mentioned at the primary schools we visited and the kids already doing it at nursery is a head start.
Review submitted on 08/08/2017
Bright sparks nursery Rated 5 out of 5
My girls have had such a positive nursery experience thanks to bright sparks . Their confidence has grown so much and they have developed many new skills. My girls have enjoyed their time at nursery so much. It is such a friendly and welcoming environment for the children to play and learn.. Staff have shown so much support to my girls and us as a family . I would definatly recommend bright sparks nursery .
Review submitted on 19/07/2018