Advice to people struggling with the financial consequences of Coronavirus. For the duration of the corona virus epidemic, tCAS will be supporting clients remotely, by phone or Zoom calls. When circumstances permit, tCAS will resume its weekly sessions at Hope Cafe, Hope Church ipswich.
tCAS is a free service to all people regardless of their faith, nationality or orientation. tCAS operates from Hope Church in Ipswich, and Kingsland Church in Colchester. We offer advice to individuals who may be struggling with issues such as:
- Benefits - Advice on whether people qualify for benefits; help applying for benefits or during assessments; challenging benefits decisions
- Debt / Poverty - review of income and expenditure; advice on possible sources of income, liaison with creditors. Government provision during the Corona virus. In some cases we will refer clients to specialist organisations who can help people further.
- Tenancy - issues between landlords and tenants: repairs, arrears, threats of eviction.
- Disability - investigating benefits, advocacy with agencies / authorities
- Consumer and minor civil law issues - defective goods, parking fines, neighbour disputes.
We will support the client for the duration of their need. As a Christian organisation we will offer prayer support if desired.