Barnabas Preschool is located at Quay Church in the centre of Woodbridge.
We provide a bright and welcoming space with a calm and comfortable atmosphere in which children confidently learn and develop. A large outdoor area provides climbing opportunities with a sandpit, ride on toys and a variety of sensory experiences provided each day.
The location of Barnabas enables us to be part of the local community with regular outings to the river, shops, library and market. For outings further afield we can use the bus and train network for trips to Ipswich Museum and Christchurch Park. Other favourite outings include Rendlesham Forest, Sutton Hoo and the Suffolk Punch Trust. We join the ActiveLives exercise group at Quay Church and have links with the choir who practice throughout the term. With only a maximum of 25 children per session, a high adult to children ratio is guaranteed. Barnabas staff are highly qualified and are able to combine personal experience with professional knowledge. Barnabas effectively embraces the EYFS ethos of providing individually planned learning experiences whilst retaining the traditional values sought by parents.
Who to contact
- Deborah Branch
- IP12 1BX
0753 032 5068
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
Barnabas is open during term times but telephone and email enquiries are welcomed during the school holidays too.
Find us on Facebook: @BarnabasPreschool
- Barnabas Preschool
- IP12 1BX
- View IP12 1BX on a map
- Venue Email
- Parking available
- Parking details
- There is a public carpark less than 5 minutes walk away but street parking nearby is usually possible.
- Regular bus service.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Provider for further information
Days & times
Monday: 09:15 (early start available from 8.30) - 12.30, 1.00 or 3.15 (late pick up available until 3.30)
Tuesday: 09:15 (early start available from 8.30) - 12.30, 1.00 or 3.15 (late pick up available until 3.30)
Wednesday: 09:15 (early start available from 8.30) - 12.30, 1.00 or 3.15 (late pick up available until 3.30)
Thursday: 09:15 (early start available from 8.30) - 12.30, 1.00 or 3.15 (late pick up available until 3.30)
Friday: 09:15 (early start available from 8.30) - 12:30, 1.00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We welcome all cultures to the setting and currently have a number of children from mixed heritage families.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for individual needs as advised by parents or if possible including these needs in general provision.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have both previous and current experience of caring for children who have varying additional needs.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £7.00 2 years - Per hour £5.00 per additional hour above the 15 funded hours 3 years plus - Per hour £0.00 additional charge for snack 2 years plus - Per session £1.10 additional charge for snack 3 years plus - Per session £5.00 early start 8.30 am to 9.15 am Per session
- Grant funding covers up to 15 hours of childcare per week for all children or up to 28.25 hours of childcare for eligible working parents. For further information, please see our website.
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Quiet area, Slide, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 4 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Barnabas Pre-school is a small group with up to 25 children attending each session. A minimum of three members of staff at each session ensures each child receives individual attention based on their needs, abilities and personal learning characteristics. Parents and carers are very supportive of the group and each other. Together with the mature and experienced staff this gives the pre-school its friendly reputation.
Barnabas has two SENCOs, one of whom qualified in 2018 and who continues to undertake training to ensure the most up-to-date knowledge is available and demonstrating the commitment of the pre-school to SEND. This commitment is also evident in our settings policies and procedures which are available to be read at the setting, on our website or can be e-mailed on request.
- Deborah Branch
- 0753 032 5068
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review