Benhall Pre School opened in 1981 and operates from an open plan modular build next to the primary school. There is a secure enclosed outside play are which is fully accessible. The Pre School is registered to care for a maximum of 30 children at any one time and supports children with additional needs.
Each child in the setting has a key person who will take an extra special interest in your child; learning their likes and dislikes, their family, friends and any special events etc. They will take a big role in helping to settle your child and also continue to reassure and support your child with their development
We are a Charity, Committee run Pre School and parents are encouraged to come along to meetings and become involved in your Childs setting. As a registered charity we are constantly fundraising to improve facilities and update our resources, details of fundraising events can be found on our calendar.
Who to contact
- Zoe Plant
- IP17 1HE
- Social Media
Find us on Facebook
- Contact Notes
You can also contact us via our Facebook page.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Benhall Pre School,
- View IP17 on a map
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- there is a large carpark to the rear of the school , please follow Benhall Exservicemen club signs as the car park belongs to them.
- bus service from saxmundham to benhall
We are a modular building located down school lane which can be found behind Benhall St Marys primary School. When visiting the preschool we advise people to use a SAT Nav to the local primary school first to avoid being sent down a very narrow part of school lane.
- Miss Rebecca Asher
- Deputy Manager
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- 30 Hours Partner Summary
- We will be working closely with local registered childminders to supoort them and ensure the best possible fit for the 30 hours. we are open 8am until 4pm and funding can be used accross these hours.
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We curently have availability
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8am - 4pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - our outside area is on level ground with the main building.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We meet the needs for all cultures attending our preschool by learning about them on their induction days and through registration forms.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - All dietry needs are met by strong links with parents prior to child starting and ongoing reviews take place regualarly.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5 Nursery - Per hour
- Uniform Polo shirt £8 Jumper £10 Available clubs for reception to year 6: £4 an hour Breakfast and afterschool School Holidays Up to 10% Discount available for multiple club bookings! Non-refundable Deposit required upon booking The above cost are a guide and subject to change. Please note we also charge a late collection fee of £10 per 15 minutes. Please note we are open all year round please enquire for further details.
- Accessible parking, Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Village walks
- School pickups
- St Mary's CEVCP School (Saxmundham)
- Further information about pick-ups
- We hold a breakfast club and afterschool club for children attending Benhall St Marys primary school . this runs 8 until 9 with a breakfast of toast, fruit or cereal and 3pm until 4pm.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s)
- To 8 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 13/02/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Staff at Benhall Preschool are Makaton trained and use these during all daily routines. This helps children communicate freely with staff and other children when communication difficulties arise. We also have staff trained in PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) which has been passed down to the team through regular teams meetings and also intensive interaction. Staff work closely with all professionals and have had experience in completing and using Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP) to support smooth transitions for children with SEN as well as to ensure everybody is working towards the same outcomes. We have also had experience with children with limited mobility in the past so staff are very aware of room layouts and additional physical interventions that may be required to ensure children can access all areas of the environment. We can support parents through any application process they may need to make , claiming for any additional funding as well following up any advice given from other professionals. we have also worked with professionals within the setting including paediatricians , Speech therapists and Occupational therapists .
- Rebecca Asher
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review