The Family Nurse Partnership programme is a free and voluntary service for under 20s who are:
- expecting their first baby
- registered with a Suffolk GP*
A specially trained family nurse will visit you frequently during the antenatal and postnatal period, until your child is 2 years old.
By providing support and information the nurse will help you to understand your pregnancy and how to care for yourself and your baby.
By supporting you during your pregnancy and early stages of your baby's life the Family Nurse Partnership programme can help you to:
- increase your chance of a healthy pregnancy
- manage your labour
- improve your child's development
- build a positive relationship with your baby and other people
- plan your future
- make lifestyle choices to give your child the best possible start in life
- achieve your aspirations (e.g. find a job, return to education)
* In the Lowestoft and Waveney area this service is provided by East Coast Community Healthcare CIC , and their contact details can be found here.