Lawshall Pre-school is a committee run organisation, situated in the grounds of the village primary school, in a purpose built building. We take children from the age of 2 to 5 years old. Each session we can cater for up to 18 children, who are supported by a team of experienced, enthusiastic, fun, well trained, caring staff. We have access to a fantastic secure outdoor play area with climbing frames, playhouse, large sandpit, mud kitchen, water play and garden areas. We operate a free flow play system so the children can choose to access indoor or outdoor facilities at all times. All children are allocated a key person who works closely with the child and their family to ensure their individual needs are met, their development moves forward and that their time with us is an enjoyable and fun experience. We offer a lunch club facility where younger children can have their lunch in the pre-school within familiar surroundings and older children have the opportunity to have their lunch in the main school lunch hall, helping to familiarise them with 'Big school', and helping them to achieve a smooth transition later. At our recent Ofsted Inspection we were awarded a 'Good' rating and the inspector commented on our warm and welcoming environment and the wide range of learning opportunities available to the children. As a committee run Pre-School parents are encouraged to take an active role in the running of the Pre-school, thorough a range of opportunities from joining the committee, helping at sessions or organizing fundraising events, trips etc. Our Pre-school ethos is ‘Children learning through play’ and we believe in helping every child to reach their full potential in a caring, supportive, fun environment.
Who to contact
- Janice Robotham
- Pre-School Leader/SENCO
The Street, c/o Lawshall Primary School
Bury St Edmunds
- IP29 4QA
- Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Charity Commissioning Number
- The Bluebell Building
Bury St Edmumds
- IP29 4QA
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Parking is available along the road outside the church, there are parking restrictions in front of the main school and on the School car park
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Maximum places
- Other information
- Lawshall Pre-school currently has spaces available for AM and PM sessions from January 2018 for Mondays and Fridays. There are limited spaces available at other sessions, please contact for further details
Days & times
Monday: 12.30 - 3.30
Tuesday: 8.30 - 3.30
Wednesday: 8.30 - 3.30
Thursday: 8.30 - 3.30
Friday: 12.30 - 3.30
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - We have a ramped, wheelchair access to our building.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We are an all inclusive setting and welcome children from all cultural backgrounds
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We cater for all dietary needs, working alongside the parents to ensure the child's needs are met.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) attends regular training and up date meetings and is able to access outside support when needed to enable the provision to offer care to children with additional needs and disabilities. In house training and the cascading of information, ensures that all staff are able to support the needs of the children attending the setting
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.50 Lunch Club - Per day £12.00 Per session
- Arts and crafts, Climbing frame, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Slide, Soft play area, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 27/11/2007 Combined Inspection - Nursery Education Good 27/11/2007 Combined Inspection - Childcare Outstanding 09/12/2010 EYR Inspection Outstanding 12/02/2016 EYR Inspection Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Our Leader is an accredited SENCO and has attended SEND training.
All Staff have completed Makaton training to level 4.
Staff have undertaken training skills for medical conditions relating to individual children.
We have wheelchair access via our main entrance and have disabled toilet facilities.
We have implemented a programme of emotional support to help children develop stratagies to deal with a wide range of emotions that can impact on their metal health, self-esteem and self-confidence
We are committed to meeting the unique needs of all children that attend our setting and will seek advice, information and assistance from outside professionals where needed in order to fully support children with special educational needs in our setting.
Children identified as requiring additional support are supported through our graduated approach, we work closely with the parents and outside advisors, when needed, to develop an individual plan that is implemented in setting and assessed regularly with the parents, key person and setting SENCO.
- Janice Robotham
- 01284 827588
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
- Child care