Melton Primary School
Melton Primary School is situated in west Suffolk around 15 km from Ipswich. Our children are aged 4-11 years.
We aim to:
- Provide equality of opportunity for every child to have access to a broad, balanced and relevant high quality education in an environment that offers challenge and celebrates achievement.
- Provide a welcoming, secure, caring, supportive, learning environment, that enables everyone to develop his or her full potential and self-esteem.
- Involve and welcome parents and carers to share as partners in their child’s education.
- Develop the school’s position at the heart of the local community.
- Promote a spirit of co-operation, tolerance, responsibility and respect for others within our diverse society.
- Continually improve every aspect of the school through a commitment to achieving high standards of work and behaviour.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Who to contact
- Additional Website
Suffolk County Council Website
Where to go
- Melton Primary School
- IP12 1PG
- View IP12 1PG on a map
- Area served
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- Visitors are welcome to use the school carpark by the entrance on the Melton road (B1438). Spaces are few, however there is free parking on Dock Lane, which runs alongside the school playing field.
- Children have access to and from school by LA bus service daily.
Melton school itself on one level, making it accessible to a wide range of users. It is situated amongst a large playing field and wooded area with a playground and play area. All classrooms are accessible to an outside area, where we take full advantage of the learning oportunities for our children.
Days & Times
- The school provides its own breakfast club daily which starts from 7.45am until 9am when the children start their school day.
- Session Information
The school day starts at 9am and finishes at 3.30pm with an hour and ten minutes lunch for KS1, and one hour for KS2. Afternoon lessons start at 1.15pm
The school has an after school club daily until 6pm
Melton is a venue for the wider community in the evening and in school holidays.
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
- Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet
- School Transport assistance
- Find out more about home to school transport
Our school is a Local Authority maintained main stream school that is proud of its increasing role with a clear aim to continually progress our teaching and learning practise and facilities to support our learners with SEN and disabilties.
As of September 2016, Melton has a reception class, a year 1 class, a year 2 class, a year 3 class, a year 4 class, a year 5 class and a year 6 class
- School Type
- School Status
- LA Maintained
- View the latest Ofsted Inspection Report
- DfE Number
- Chair of Governors
- Nick Wellington
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Linked team for Statutory Assessment and EHCPs:
Suffolk Coastal Family Services Team (SENDSS@suffolk.gov.uk)
- Mrs G Keys
- 01394 382506
SEND Local Offer
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review