Alexina Perrett (Sparkles Childcare)
I work with my daughter and aim to provide a happy and safe childminding setting. My daughter Vicki is a CACHE level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant . I have worked for 11 years as a school transport driver gaining a lot of experience of working with children with varying speech, learning and physical problems. Childminding will now become my full time career. Our home is situated very close to the town centre, railway station and bus routes. We believe that children learn and develop by taking an active interest in the world around them. Time spent at our home will included activities such as cooking, painting play dough dressing up, quiet story time, puzzles and games. In the garden we have a small greenhouse where we will plant seeds to learn how things grow. We will have regular trips to the Library to choose new books for us to read together. We will also take regular outings to the local park and beach. There will also be weekly trips to the nearby children's playgroups. Everyday brings something new to learn and our aim is to help children to have fun while doing this. Families First Award acheived March 2011.
Who to contact
- Alexina Perrett
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Vacancies Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 2-5pm.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 06:30am - 6.30pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I would be prepared to cater for individual dietary needs.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.50
- Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet cats, Pet dogs, Pet fish, Pets, Playroom, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- School pickups
- Roman Hill Primary School (Lowestoft)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Roman Hill primary nursery and St Andrews pre school Roman Road
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s)
- To 8 Year(s)
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 01/02/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 23/08/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 11/07/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 08/08/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good 09/04/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 27/02/2020 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 17/08/2021 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We offer and incluisive setting where all children are treated as equals. We have attended Makaton training and SEND training. We have experience of working with children on the autistic spectrum , with delayed learning and with Heamophilla. We are also an E Cat setting (Every Child A Talker). We have had experience of working with other agencies to help promote and develop childrens learning or additional needs.
- Alexina Perrett
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
More like this
Sign in to write a review