Pre-School education from 2 - 4 years, Ofsted rated Outstanding in 2016. Education provided by fully qualified early years and Montessori teachers, as well as highly experienced Early years professionals all with level 3 and above qualifications. We are a small family run nursery, with the over three's classroom benefiting from Montessori materials alongside additional early years equipment.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Small World Kindergarten and Montessori
Who to contact
- IP1 3PP
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Restrictions to access
- a four car bay is situated outside the nursery with restrictions of two hours.
Our entrance is found on the quieter 'Paget road', with parking for drop off's and pick up's.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact Small World Kindergarten for vacancy information.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 8am - 6pm
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - We have a ramp at the front entrance big enough for a childs wheelchair and access at the back for an Adult wheelchair where it is flat from pavement to classroom.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We currently cater for dairy free, Gluten free, Halal and Vegetarian diets.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £55 - £60 Full Day Birth to 3 - Per day £44 - £55 School Day Birth to 3 - Per day £30 - £35 Morning with lunch Birth to 3 - Per day
- Current extras included in the prices above are: Consumables such as breakfast, lunch and tea as well as two healthy snacks, Nappies, wipes (for the over two's) and sun cream. Extras that are non consumables are for the, QTS, Montessori, Dancing, Yoga, Forest School (term time only) and events like summer sports day picnics and Christmas nativity plays, are all covered by the daily extras charge that is included in the price above, but separated out on your monthly invoice as they are not covered by the government funding. Breakdowns are on our booking forms, please contact the nursery for a visit and more information. There are a limited number of fully funded places with no extra costs, three mornings, or where available, two short days with the option to pay for a hot lunch, they are term time only.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Climbing frame, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Forest school, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 9 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 15/08/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 10/05/2021 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We follow the code of practice and have a send policy that we continue to uphold.
We currently have two members of staff who are SEN trained level 4.
We work closely with parents and professionals to support any child with SEN
We welcome and include all children whatever their needs may be.
We have replaced the stairs with a ramp to our pre-school so that the entrance is accessible to children or parents who may have mobility needs.
We now have outdoor child height flower/veg beds and play trays so that all children are able to have access at waist level, to sand and anything else placed in them (it changes daily).
- Emma White
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care