Minsmere is a great day out. Families will love the Wild Zone where kids can build a den, or play in the specially-built child-sized sand martin tunnels and bittern nest. Children can also hire an Explorer backpack for self-guided wildlife discovery. A regular programme of events and activities includes guided walks, pond dipping, art activities and much more. There's a choice of countryside walks through Suffolk's beautiful coastal, wetland and woodland scenery. The spacious wildlife hides offer excellent views of a wide variety of wildlife throughout the year. The cafe serves a superb range of locally-sourced, home-produced food and the RSPB shop stocks everything you need to help give nature a home in your garden.
RSPB - Minsmere Nature Reserve
Who to contact
- Additional Website
Where to go
- Minsmere Nature Reserve
- IP17 3BY
- Area served
- Parking details
- There is a large, free car park
- The nearest train stations are at Darsham and Saxmundham. A demand-responsive bus service serving the Minsmere area can be booked by calling Suffolk Link on 01728 833526
- Restrictions to access
- No overnight parking
Days & Times
- Open daily, dawn to dusk. The visitor centre is open 9 am to 5 pm (closes 4 pm Nov-Jan).
- Time of day
- Cost Details
- Adults £9, children (5-18) £5, students £6, under 5s free, family ticket – one free child per party. RSPB members free
- Age Groups
- Pre-school, Children (5-11), Adults, Young people
- Disabled Parking, Wheelchair Access, Adapted Toilet, Audio Loop
- Accreditation details
Minsmere has an established field teaching programme, making it a great place for school visits.
The Discovery Centre is available for group hire for birthday parties, meetings, etc.
Personalised tours can be booked for small groups, with at least a week's notice.
- Last Updated