It is our role to provide outstanding, structured and playful learning for all children aged 6mths on wards in a safe, inviting and inclusive environment that supports children's development. We aim to give every child the opportunity to enjoy valuable experiences and develop new friendships in a welcoming and motivating environment. Our purpose built Pre-school is located within the All Saints CEVA Primary School grounds. It includes a spacious, well equipped indoor play area, leading to a sheltered outdoor deck and garden with a mud kitchen and construction area. We have our own woodland area that provides opportunities for children to interact with the environment around them. The flexible sessions offer children free choice to play indoors or outdoors, with a wide and exiting range of resources, activities and equipment to ensure their minds are stimulated. Throughout the day, our passionate staff create exciting and engaging group activities which include craft, physical play, cooking and music and dance. We encourage extensions of vocabulary and thinking skills by talking, listening and joining in with discussions and problem solving. Children are introduced to reading and writing words and symbols and a large variety of books to help familiarise them with written text. Children are introduced to patterns, shapes and counting, and as their understanding develops, children are encouraged to solve practical problems like addition and subtraction. Each child has a 'Key Person' (special person) who makes sure that their child feels individual, cherished and thought about while they are away from home. This person helps to reduce the separation anxiety and ensures every child enjoys themselves while they are with us. With voluntary donations from parents the children are provided with a balanced snack each morning and afternoon and an optional lunch club enables children to either bring their own packed lunch or have a hot lunch cooked fresh by the Primary School.
Who to contact
- Lizzie Church / Samantha Campbell and Nicky Holland
- Pre-School Manager and Deputy Manager
- IP13 8HD
- Contact Notes
The Manager Lizzie, is currently on Maternity leave.
- Charity Commissioning Number
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- We currently have vacancies for 6mths, 2 year olds and 3 & 4 year olds.
Days & times
Monday: 08:30 - 15:30
Tuesday: 08:30 - 15:30
Wednesday: 08:30 - 15:30
Thursday: 08:30 - 15:30
Friday: 08:30 - 15:30
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises and through out to the garden.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - We have extensive kitchen facilities and therefore we can cater for children's individual dietary needs. We also access to the Primary School kitchen's if specialist foods need to be prepared.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - Our Special Needs Co-ordinator has been qualified for 2 years, with experience of working with children aged 0-5 with SENco needs and their families.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Severe dietary needs
Social development impairment
Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.20 / £4.80* Lunch Club - Per day £4.20 / £4.80* Per hour £12.60 / £14.40* Per session £29.40 / £33.60* Per day
- Our prices are very competitive. ( * Baby Room Price)
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Pets, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory garden, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Take children on outings, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 6 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s)
- Offers Tax Free Childcare
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
Laxfield Pre School is an inclusive setting where all children and families with special educational needs and disabilities are welcomed and valued. We have two qualified Special Educational Need Co-ordination (SENCo) who both have experience, knowledge and resources to ensure we are able to meet all SEND needs successfully. If we do not have the right resources then the Pre-School will always try and assist with getting the right resources. All staff are trained using Makaton and use symbols and routine boards with all children on a daily basis. All staff have all received in setting training for A practical guide to Allergy and Asthma.
The following training/courses have been attended by the Pre-School’s staff; An Introduction to the Autism Spectrum, supporting Communication, Safeguarding Disabled Children, Common Assessment Framework (CAF) Supporting children and families with English as a an Additional Language
Parent Partnership with parents/families is essential as it enables us to understand and meet all children’s individual needs effectively. Parents/ Carers hold very important information about their child and the Pre-school feels a positive relationship is significant. The Pre-School also offers house visits where the child’s key worker and Manager will visit the child in their own home.
The home visits offer the chance for the parents/ carers to discuss any other information they feel is necessary and most importantly for the child to get to know their key worker.
- Samantha Campbell
- 01986 798 091
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions