Southgate Pre-school aims to provide high quality care and education for children aged 2-5 years, providing a safe, stimulating and happy environment for all children, staff, parents/carers and visitors. We aim to meet the needs of every child, valuing equality and diversity as we support children in the next step in their development and education.
Coronavirus information: For local information/advice and Testing and Vaccination Centres in Suffolk
Who to contact
- Sophie Wilson
- Pre-school Leader
Bury ST Edmunds
- IP33 2PW
- Contact Notes
We are located in Hardwick Children's Centre.
- Charity Commissioning Number
- Southgate Pre-school
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
- IP33 2PW
- Venue Email
- Venue Website
- Parking available
- Parking details
- There is NO parking available at Pre-school. Please park in the Southgate Community Centre car park.
- Restrictions to access
- Intercom, buzzer system.
- Donna Evans
- Finance and Administration Officer
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Please contact us for more information or visit us if you wish to fill in an Application to Join.
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:45 - 15:30
- Wheelchair access
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - We celebrate various festivals with all children who attend pre-school.
- Individual dietary needs
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - We have a SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) and a Deputy, who work closely with our SEND children.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £15.00 Per session £3.00 Lunch Club - Per day £33.00 Per day
- Adventure play area, Arts and crafts, Baby facilities, CCTV, Close to parks, Computer, Creche available, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Pet fish, Pet small mammals, Playroom, Private changing area, Quiet area, Sensory play equipment, Sleeping area, Slide, Soft play area, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Vegetable patch, Village walks
- School pickups
- Hardwick Primary School (Bury St Edmunds)
- Further information about pick-ups
- Hardwick Primary school run a Before and after School Club (B&A). Their staff walk pre-school children over, before each AM session and pre-school staff will walk children over to B&A club at the end of the pre-school day, if parents require this service.
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 2 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- To 5 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 14/06/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 18/12/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 23/03/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 07/02/2019 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
We have two staff members who have Level 4 (CACHE) in Special Educational Needs. Our designated SENCo works closely with SEND children, parents/carers and outside agencies to achieve each child’s full potential. Southgate pre-school promotes equal opportunities and has a number of policies in place to support our practice.
Staff have achieved Levels 1-4 in Makaton and have become an ECaT Setting. We have a wide range of toys and resources to promote communication.
Southgate Pre-school has close links to Suffolk County Council support teams and local children centres.
- Conditions Supported
Autistic spectrum conditions
Mental health conditions
- Child care