I provide a friendly childminding service from my family home, a safe setting where children can learn through play. I am an experienced mother of three children and can offer an opportunity for children to form stable relationships with a caring adult and other children. I believe that children gain self confidence and the ability to express themselves through new creative experiences. I encourage creativity through a wide range of enjoyable and fun activities that are age and stage appropriate including drawing, painting, messy play, singing/dancing, sharing stories, crafting, cooking and baking. I have plenty of picture and reading books and a varied selection of toys. I have a garden with playhouse and a number of ride on toys. I also like to take the children on walking trips which include feeding the ducks, visiting local toddler groups and the swing park. I support breastfeeding and I am happy to store breast milk if required. I am happy to use either disposable or cloth nappies. I am Ofsted registered and hold current qualifications in home based childcare, first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding. I am a member of PACEY. I have policies and procedures set in place to protect the health and well-being of children in my care. I have personal experience of delayed speech development in children and the techniques and exercises employed to improve speech skills. I promote equal opportunities within my setting and embrace cultural diversity. I believe by learning to celebrate our differences children can understand that all children should feel special and confident. I aim to promote this through positive recognition and praise. I provide a home from home for after school children, with a small garden to play in and lots of games/toys for older kids. There is also a tv and dvd so they can relax after a day at school. If you would like to visit please call me and arrange to pop in for a chat.
Who to contact
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
- Parking available
There is a bus stop around the corner on College Heath Road.
30 Hours Extended Entitlements
- Registered to provide 30 Hours?
- Last updated
- Immediate vacancies
- Other information
- Tania has vacancies on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for children aged 0-4. There are no vacancies available for children aged 5 or above
Days & times
Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 17:00
- Wheelchair access
- Yes - This setting has level access to their premises.
- Cultural provisions
- Yes - This setting complies with all equalities legislation.
- Individual dietary needs
- Yes - I don't provide food, but I will ensure that any dietary needs are meet. For example if a child was vegetarian I would ensure that each child's food is stored and labeled correctly, and that food is not shared.
- Recent experience of supporting children with additional needs
- Yes - My son has had speech difficulties & I have been very involved in improving his speech using techniques and exercises provided by his speech therapist.
- Specific additional needs this setting has experience of
- Speech and language difficulties
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Per hour £10.00 After School Session until 5pm £20.00 Per Half Day
- Before 8am and after 5pm by appointment only and are charged at £8 per hour per child.
- Accessible parking, Arts and crafts, Close to parks, Computer, Enclosed outdoor play area, Equipment for all ages, Garden, Healthy eating, Homework support, Kitchen, Out-door play, Outdoor play equipment, Quiet area, Sleeping area, TV - DVD, Take children on outings, Trampoline, Village walks
- School pickups
- St Mary's C of E Academy (Mildenhall)
- Further information about pick-ups
- I provide school age children with a home from home. A small outdoor space to play, activities, eg arts and crafts. Toys for older children, and a tv/dvd for chilling out!
- Cater for over 8s
- Age Range
- From 0 Year(s) 1 month(s)
- To 12 Year(s) 0 month(s)
- Age Groups
- Children (5-11)
- Last Updated
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 02/11/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 15/07/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/12/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Experience of including people with special educational needs and disabilities
My setting has level access to the premises and could easily be made suitable for wheelchair access. My son has overcome past speech difficulties and I have been very involved in improving his speech using techniques and exercises provided by his speech therapist. I also have experience of working with children who have autism through my work and also within my family.
- Conditions Supported
- Communication difficulties
- Child care