The Royal British Legion works to safeguard the welfare interests and memory of the service and exservice community by providing many services useful to our beneficiaries such as the handy van service.
Need a hand around the house?
If you're having trouble with those small household repairs and minor adaptations around your home and you're eligible for our help, The Royal British Legion might be able to help you through our handy van service known as Poppy Calls.
We have a dedicated and trusted team of experienced handypersons who are fully trained to carry out low-level but high impact maintenance in your home, such as:
- changing light bulbs and tap washers;
- putting up shelves, curtain rails and grab rails;
- fitting smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors;
- fitting and changing door locks and other security features;
- building access ramps and storage sheds to house a Legion provided EPV; and
- installing care phones.